Gilligan’s Bar And Grill
5002 CARLISLE PIKE
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 3/3/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations Gilligan’s Bar And Grill was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 10 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Observed Ice Cream Food in the freezer area stored open with no covering. Corrected at the time of the inspection by Roy Owens Bar Manager.
- Observed wrapped frozen steaks stored on the floor in the freezer. Corrected at the time of the inspection by Roy Owens Bar Manager.
- Bread warming equipment, in hot beverage area, with an accumulation of dust, dirt, food residue, debris on non-food contact surfaces.
- Observed old food residue, dishes and utensils observed in the hand wash sink, indicating uses other than hand washing.
- Wall in the Utensil Storage area is made of painted drywall and is cracked / roughened / and is not a smooth, easily cleanable surface.
- Observed employee garments stored in the dry storage room when a designated area is available for the employees to use.
- No sign or poster posted at the hand wash sink in the “rear” Ladies Restroom area to remind food employees to wash their hands.
- Mops are not being hung to air dry.
- Observed several types of seafood, in the walk in cooler area, is an unpackaged food stored or displayed in direct contact with ice. Corrected at the time of the inspection by Roy Owens, bar manager.
- Cutting Boards, a food contact surface, throughout the facilities’ kitchen, was observed to have food residue and was not clean to sight and touch.
- Observed an algae like or mildew like substance inside or the ice machine, a food contact surface.
- Observed “clean” silverware stored with food contact surface down in stainless steel pans that had a build up of dirt/dust and debris inside them. The pans were cleaned and the silverware rewashed and sanitized at the time of the inspection.
Upper Allen Police say 43 year old woman they say injured family member in assault
Child struck in hit-a-run accident in Upper Allen Township