Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at the handwash sink
Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at handwash sinkread more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted February 26, 2019
The Cru Pizza and Deli
3716 N 6TH ST
Harrisburg, PA 17110
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted a retail food inspection at The Cru Pizza and Deli in Harrisburg on February 22, 2019 citing the restaurant for 10 violations of state food safety regulations.
The result of the inspector’s report was a determination the eatery is, “out of compliance.”
The inspector made the following comments in the report:
- Both cutting boards have excessive old food and debris and is not clean to sight and touch
- All filters is both hood systems have an excessive accumulation of dust and grease. The dust and grease could fall into the food.
- The can opener cutter is not clean to sight and touch.
- The large floor mixer has equipment grease leaking from the fitting which is directly over the mixer bowl and could adulterate the food.
- Toilet rooms do not have a self-closing door.
- Kitchen hand sink was supplied with sanitizer to wash hands. No soap was available.
- The automatic faucets are not operating properly in both men’s restrooms.
- All kitchen ceiling exhaust vents need cleaned or filters changed as they are emitting dust and dirt into the air.
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Food facility has lost its certified supervisory employee and has not replaced the certified employee as required for every shift of operation.
- Large puddle of stagnant water on the basement floor.
- The basement walk-in refrigerator has an ambient temperature of 53*F and not 41*F or lower.