Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at the handwash sink
Tonino’s Pizza & Grille Harrisburg fails 3rd straight inspection, soap not available at handwash sinkread more
Olde Mille Restaurant in Intercourse; state inspection finds, 5-6 cockroach type insects, Pink moist residue on ice machine plate
Olde Mille Restaurant in Intercourse; state inspection finds, 5-6 cockroach type insects, Pink moist residue on ice machine plateread more
Camp Hill, PA
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted March 15, 2019
CAPITAL CITY MALL DR
CAMP HILL, PA 17011
For the second straight year following a visit by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Service the Sbarro’s Pizza at the Capital City Mall was assessed to be, “out of compliance” with the Pennsylvania Food Code following an inspection having been cited for 12 violations in the most recent inspection on March 15, 2019.
Last year, March 1, 2018, Sbarro’s was also cited for 12 violations, during that visit the inspector, among other statements noted,
Observed 6 dead or dying roach like insects on the floor under the front make-line and in a glue trap behind the reach-in freezer in the rear prep kitchen.
Remarkably the inspector reported,
Observed several mouse like droppings on the floor under equipment in several areas in the rear prep kitchen
Other comments in the report in explaining the violations were:
- Food Employee observed donning single use gloves without a prior hand wash. (Corrected)
- The Person in Charge does not demonstrate adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Observed dirty utensils being stored on clean dish magnet in rear prep kitchen.
- Observed shop vacuum being stored above clean sheet pans in rear prep kitchen, which has the potential to contaminate food equipment and utensils.
- Observed several working containers of sanitizer and cleaners being stored above three bay sinks in ware washing area.
- Food utensils under front service line was observed stored in a container of water which is not maintained at 135°F. (Corrected)
- Observed plastic cup without a handle being used as a scoop touching product in one noodle container in the rear prep kitchen.
- Observed an accumulation of old food debris on the wall behind prep table in rear prep kitchen.
- Observed an accumulation of old food debris on the floor under shelving in the walk-in cooler.
- Observed single use pizza sheets being stored next to the hand washing sink and on the make-line not inverted or protected from contamination.
- Observed an open employee’s beverage container on top of shelf above and eventually on prep table in rear prep area.
- Table Top Can Opener Blade, a food contact surface, was observed to have food residue and was not clean to sight and touch. (Corrected)
- Observed an accumulation of grease splatter on the under side of shelving directly over open food on the stove top.
- Observed an accumulation of old food debris on several storage shelves in the rear prep kitchen.
- Observed an accumulation of old food debris on top of the pizza oven.
- Observed an accumulation of static dust on the intakes over food in the walk-in cooler.
- Mops are not being hung to air dry.