Yak n Yeti II in Carlisle fails food safety inspection, found out of compliance, hot water turned off at hand wash sink
Yak n Yeti II in Carlisle fails food safety inspection, found out of compliance, hot water turned offread more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted August 8, 2019
1276 Market Street Harrisburg, PA 17103
Following a complaint about Pizza Boli’s in Harrisburg, City of Harrisburg retail food inspectors visited the restaurant on July 18, 2019, citing the eatery for 20 violations triggering a follow-up inspection. The follow-up inspection occurred August 6, 2019, resulting in the inspector reporting 16 violations.
Failing the follow-up inspection triggered a third inspection 2 days later on August 8, 2019, resulting in 15 violations. All tolled the franchised pizzeria failed 3 retail food inspections with a grand total of 51 violations.
The inspector made the following observations in the most recent inspection in support of the cited violations:
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection
- The electrocuter insect control device located in take out area is not designed to retain the insect in the device in a clean way
- Prep area of the food facility is extremely dirty, dusty, and in need of cleaning.
- Observed cooking equipment / pans, in the * area, with encrusted grease and soil accumulation.
- The Person in Charge did not demonstrate adequate knowledge of the PA Food Code as evidenced by incorrect responses to food safety questions.
- Filters for Air conditioning needs replacement
- Grease trap leak
- Outdoor areas have grease where exhaust fan is leaking
- Observed equipment, in area, with an accumulation of dust, dirt, food residue, debris on non-food contact surfaces.
- Observed cardboard being utilized as a shelf
- All fire protection equipment is out of date
- Exhaust fans in bathrooms not working. Exhause fan near cooking area not properly installed
- Window with fan, in the area, is open, unscreened, and does not protect against the entry of insects, rodents, and other animals
- Old unused equipment stored in area, should be removed from food facility.
- Food in the area stored open with no covering
- Observed food stored directly on the floor in area, rather than 6 inches off of the floor as required
- Commercially processed ready to eat food, located in the walk in cooler, and held more than 48 hours, is not being marked with the date it was opened
- Non-food contact surfaces not cleaned at a frequency to preclude accumulation of dirt and soil
- 55 gallon drums of cooking grease stored in hazardous conditions inside restaurant
- Trash receptacle / waste handling unit outside does not have a tight-fitting lid or cover
- Trash receptacles are not durable, cleanable, leak proof, and/or rodent and insect resistant