Yak n Yeti II in Carlisle fails food safety inspection, found out of compliance, hot water turned off at hand wash sink
Yak n Yeti II in Carlisle fails food safety inspection, found out of compliance, hot water turned offread more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted July 31, 2019
GILLIGAN’S BAR & GRILL
987 Eisenhower BLVD Harrisburg, PA 17111
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced inspection of Gilligan’s Bar and Grill in Harrisburg on Wednesday, July 31, 2019, determining the restaurant out of compliance with state food safety regulations. The inspector cited the restaurant for 8 violations.
This is the second time in two consecutive years the restaurant failed to be “in compliance.” Last year’s inspection found a total of 15 violations.
Gilligan’s location on Houcks Road in Harrisburg failed its inspection in May, also failing to be in compliance the previous year in March.
Among the violations found in this most recent inspection were:
- A food employee was observed touching pickles – a ready to eat food – with bare hands.
- Observed mold on the ceiling in the beer walk-in cooler.
- Observed heavy accumulation of grease under the grill in the kitchen area.
- Observed the ice drain line from a frozen beverage machine at the bar area, draining into a mechanical dishwasher at the bar area
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Food facility is receiving reduced oxygen packaged meat from their satellite facility that is not registered as a wholesale food establishment.
- Observed a package of raw beef stored on top of a container of cooked noodles inside a refrigeration unit in the food preparation area.
- Observed an accumulation of brown residue on the inside of soda nozzles at the bar area.
- Observed heavy accumulation of dust on the shelves storing wine in the dry storage area.