Olde Mille Restaurant in Intercourse; state inspection finds, 5-6 cockroach type insects, Pink moist residue on ice machine plate
Olde Mille Restaurant in Intercourse; state inspection finds, 5-6 cockroach type insects, Pink moist residue on ice machine plateread more
Retail Food Inspection Report Conducted April 2, 2019
BLUE RIDGE FAMILY RESTAURANT
4408 Oakhurst BLVD
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Retail Food Inspectors from Susquehanna Township stopped at the Blue Ridge Family Restaurant outside Harrisburg to inspect the restaurant for compliance with food safety regulations. Inspectors determined after citing the restaurant for 11 violations the Oakhust BLVD eatery to be, “out of compliance” for this annual unannounced visit.
The following comments were made in the report documenting the violations:
- Exhaust air duct near the cooks line needs cleaning or filters changed as it is emitting dust and dirt into the air.
- Can opener, a food contact surface, was observed to have food residue and was not clean to sight and touch.
- A server was observed touching toast, a ready to eat food, with bare hands.
- Clean dish racks are stored directly on the floor.
- Mop bucket was not dumped after use. Water temperature was 58 F.
- Back door of the facility was held open with a rag, which caused a gap big enough for rodents and insects to enter.
- The line cook did not have a hair or beard restraint.
- Cooked rice in the walk-in was not date marked.
- Single use to go items are stored food side up on the cooks line.
- Mops are not being hung to air dry.
- Paper towel dispenser and soap dispenser for hand washing in the employee restroom were empty.
- Paper towel dispenser for hand washing, improperly installed in the server area.